Can you solve all 5 endgame studies?
1. Black to move
2. White to move
3. White to move
4. White to move
5. White to move
Here are some tips for solving these puzzles…
- Identify all of your candidate moves. The best move may not be the most obvious move.
- Be careful not to reject variations too quickly. If you think a move doesn’t work, make sure to fully investigate it before rejecting it.
- Use the process of elimination to narrow down your possibilities.
- Write down what you’re thinking. This can help organize your calculations rather than keeping everything in your head.
- If you’re not sure what to do, identify what the opponent wants to do and figure out how to respond.
- Think outside the box.