I love helping connect people to resources that will help them improve their chess game and their life. Here are my recommendations for books, video courses and other products. Most of the links are affiliate links for which I will receive a small commission on sales. However, this does not affect the price for the customer and it's an easy way for fans to support my content. My top priority is helping my audience find the appropriate resources to further their improvement.
Video Courses & Memberships:
- Chess.com Premium Membership: Sign up for a free trial, monthly, or annual membership to get access to Chess.com's library of video lessons, unlimited access to puzzles and Puzzle Rush, as well as other perks.
- ChessDojo: Structured training plans for all levels 0-2500, along with a group scoreboard and an active community. Use code IMROSEN to get 10% off your first subscription!
- LimitlessChess: Sign up for a monthly or annual membership to get access to high-level video courses from a team of strong chess coaches, including yours truly! Save 10% with code ROSEN at checkout.
Kids & Beginners
- Chess Steps
- The Chess Tactics Workbook by Al Woolum
- Winning Chess Strategy for Kids by Jeff Coakley
- How to Beat Your Dad at Chess (Gambit Chess) by Murray Chandler
Middlegame & Strategy
- How to Reassess Your Chess: Chess Mastery Through Chess Imbalances by Jeremy Silman
- Positional Chess Handbook: 495 Instructive Positions from Grandmaster Games (Dover Chess) by Israel Gelfer
Tactics & Calculation
- Forcing Chess Moves: The Key to Better Calculation by Charles Hertan
- Find the Checkmate (Batsford Chess) by Gary Lane
- Sharpen Your Tactics: 1125 Brilliant Sacrifices, Combinations, and Studies by Anatoly Lein and Boris Archangelsky
- Chess: 5334 Problems, Combinations and Games by Laszlo Polgar
- 100 Endgames You Must Know: Vital Lessons for Every Chess Player by Jesus De La Villa
- Silman's Complete Endgame Course: From Beginner To Master by Jeremy Silman