For the past 6 years, I have worked with countless students from across the country and helped them develop a deeper understanding of the game. I make sure that each lesson is personalized to fit the needs of the student. I actively seek out the strengths, weaknesses, and tendencies of students, and give them relevant material to improve on specific areas of their play. Lessons include a wide range of topics:
- Game analysis
- Developing an opening repertoire that fits the student’s style of play
- Typical middle game ideas and structures
- Specific opening preparation for an opponent
- Thought process; Calculation; Visualization
- Tournament advice and preparation
- Endgame theory/strategy
- Self-study methods
- Anything else the student would like to cover
Services & Rates
- 1 Hour lesson: $60
- Group Instruction, Simuls, Camps, Seminars, Special Events: Prices vary; Contact for more Information
Frequently Asked Questions
How do online lessons work?
Online lessons are held using Skype combined with ICC, chess.com, or TeamViewer. If the student has ChessBase, it is preferable to work in TeamViewer so that all the material covered can be saved.
How are payments made?
For online lessons, I accept payments via PayPal or mailed check. For in-person lessons I accept cash or check. Payments are typically made directly after each lesson. If payment is not received within one week of the given lesson, I will send a friendly reminder.